- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Large sprig fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 600g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 300g penne
- 2 x 125g balls half-fat mozzarella, drained and cut into 1cm pieces
- Handful fresh basil, leaves picked
- 60g rocket leaves
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1. Put 3 tsp of the olive oil and the crushed garlic into a medium pan and place over a medium heat. As soon as the garlic starts to sizzle, add the finely chopped onion and chopped rosemary leaves and cook gently until very soft but not browned. Add the tomatoes, sun-dried tomato purée and bay leaf and leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring every now and then, until reduced and thick. Season to taste, and remove the bay leaf.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Drop the penne into the boiling water and cook for 13 minutes or until al dente. Drain well, return to the pan and stir in the tomato sauce, diced mozzarella and basil leaves. Divide the pasta among 4 warmed bowls.
- 3. Toss the rocket leaves with the balsamic vinegar and the remaining 1 tsp olive oil, pile on top of each bowl of pasta and serve.